The Website Auditor will provide us with 2 critical items needed for Search Engine Optimization. (1. Information about the website structure, 2. Information about Keyword SEO per page). These directions will discuss how to create the structure report. Once the structure has been address, you can open the project and run an SEO analysis per page based on the keywords provided by the client (click here for those directions)
- Make sure we have already setup the client report domain. (see Installing the Analysis Directory on YWR and Documentation)
- Open Website Auditor
- Make sure you have already configured the software for DNSTC (see Setting Up the company profile)
- Click on New at the top right.
- Enter the domain name and click next.
- This may take some time depending on the size of the website.
- When analysis is done, click on Finish.
- It will then ask to collect various ranking information. Click on Yes.
- On the next screen, check all of the options (Select all at the top of the window)
- Click Next.
- If CAPTHAs pop-up, just click Skip all
- Again, this may take time depending on the size of the website.
- When done, click Finish
- You should now see ranking data, validation errors, etc…
- Click on Website Report
- Check the option on the top right to “Website Structure Audit Report (Detailed View)”
Publishing the Reports
Once you see data on the report, then you can publish to the client’s directory on the YourWebReviewed.com.
If you are publishing for the first time, you need to setup the company profile. This is similar to the DNSTC profile, but it is the information pertaining to the client. Here is how you setup this up, and it only has to be set-up once for the project file. Skip this step if the client profile is already configured.
- From the menu, Preference –> Customer Profile
- Enter the information about the customer.
- Click OK when done.
Once the client profile has been configure, you can move onto creating the publishing profile and publishing the report.
- Click on Publish
- Select HTML, and click next
- Select Upload Report via FTP, and click next
- FTP server would be: www.yourwebreviewed.com
- Username and password is the same as cPanel
- Click next
- Under the folder public_html you should see the client’s directory, select it and click next.
- Under the step #5 screen click the following:
- Add prefix: Change this to Website Structure Audit Report
- Check Append Customer’s Name
- Check Append Customer’s website Address
- Check Append Current Date
- Click Next
- Name the Publishing Profile, [Company Name] – Website Structure.
- Click next
- Select the publishing profile
- Click next
- The report will be published to the client’s directory.
Backing Up and Storing the Project Profile
All of the project files for the analysis reports are stored via FTP to yourwebreviewed.com in a folder called “a”. After you have completed procession the web site structure report, you should then upload a copy of the profile into this folder for the other team members to share.